Thursday, June 30, 2011

Raspberry Walnut Spinach Salad with a sweet honey vinaigrette

Simple. Healthy. Refreshing. Best of all, I utilized the AMAZING raspberries I got today. The little touch that I thought was fun about this salad was stuffing the raspberries with Feta for a little extra flavor and color.

Ingredients:

For the salad
4 cups (170g) spinach
1/4 cup raspberries
1 oz fetta
1/4 cup (1 oz) walnuts
black pepper

For the Dressing:
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp sweet and spicy mustard (or your mustard of choice)

Instructions:
Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl. Stuff each raspberry with feta and set aside. Toss the spinach (I used my hands) in with the dressing. Distribute evenly onto two plates. Top with the walnuts and stuffed raspberries. Grind black pepper to taste. Enjoy!

Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment