Friday, June 10, 2011

BBQ Garlic Chicken Pineapple Pizza (no cheese)




Because it's Friday. Because I LOVE garlic. Because I had these ingredients in my refrig. Because I don't feel like just eating a salad right now....I took the classic BBQ chicken pizza, added some pineapple for a bit of sweet, cilantro and green onion for some flavor. I didn't intend to eat my pizza without cheese but tomorrow is shopping day and I'm out - and I was pleasantly surprised. I served the pizza (to myself) with a large spinach salad topped with pear, avocado, and sunflower seeds. There you have it, my lunch start to finish in 15 min.

Ingredients:

1 par baked individual size pizza crust (to par bake simply make your dough as usual and cook it at 450 F for 3 min on a pizza stone. Let it cool completely and store in a Ziploc in the freezer).
3 Tbsp BBQ sauce, divided
2 oz cooked and cubed chicken
6 cloves roasted garlic
1 oz pineapple, cubed
1 green onion, sliced into rounds using all parts
Cilantro to taste

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400 F with pizza stone in oven. Take par baked crust and spread half of the BBQ sauce, then top with chicken, pineapple, garlic, green onion, then drizzle remeaining BBQ sauce on top. Bake for 8 minutes, or until the crust is light brown on the bottom and slightly crispy. Remove from oven and let sit on stone for 2-3 minutes. Top with cilantro, cut and serve.

Serves 1



No comments:

Post a Comment