Thursday, June 30, 2011

Feta Fritters

Fritter. Fritter. Fritter. I just love saying fritter, and I love these fritters. I have been looking for recipes that are friendly for my 1 year old to feed himself, hence the Quinoa Patties earlier this week. These are really simple to make and quite flavorful. They are a bit fragile but work great for a side. I made them with my Classic Meat Loaf to complete the our all American meal.

Ingredients:

10 oz organic red potatoes
1 egg yolk
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small green onion, chopped
1 oz feta
1/8 tsp salt
small pinch cayenne pepper
2 tsp grape seed oil

Instructions:
Put potatoes (with skins on)in a steamer and cook for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a bowl and roughly mash them with a fork. Don’t try to make them too smooth.
Add the egg yolk, garlic, green onion, and feta. Season with salt and red pepper. Shape into patties shaped and sized as you like (I made mine 25 grams each). Place patties in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to so that they would hold their shape better while frying. Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the patties over medium heat, until browned on both sides.

Makes 12 small fritters
Serves 2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment